Digital Imaging (level 2)
Course ref. QW068
This course is designed to enable you to:
- Develop your knowledge and it introduces you to techniques based around the creative crafts
- Work creatively and practically across a range of digital areas to plan and produce your own work
Is it for me?
The course is intended for students with a genuine interest in image manipulation, photography, film and animation. It is equivalent to half a GCSE. This practical skills based course will follow a series of set assignments to enable you to research artists and the media industry, annotate your own coursework and evaluate the outcomes.
- You will combine basic drawing skills with image manipulation and mixed media
- You will use digital photography to capture ideas and develop skills in Photoshop to develop a series of graphic inspired works
- You will plan, film and edit your own creative films using a video camera
- You will carry out research into film makers, learn about technical terms to improve your knowledge and research the digital imaging industry - focusing on successful practitioners and the skills needed to get ahead in the creative world
- You will also produce stop frame animation
In addition, the course includes individual or group projects. You will be set a series of practical assignments and build up a visual portfolio for submission at the end of the course.
You will also examine enterprise within the creative industries and research key people who could inspire or influence you.
A range of GCSEs at grades D to G
Level 1 or 2 vocational qualification
If you do not have a grade C or above in English Language or Maths, you will study these subjects as an essential part of your programme of study.
Which courses go well with this?
This course will be taken as part of a Level 2 programme of study.
Students who are successful on this course have the chance to progress to advanced level courses in Media, Film or Photography.